Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Do you e-Book ?

Are e-Books the future of traditional paper books ? Will they replace books just like emails replaced hand-written letters ?



Do you know what an e-Book is ?

"e-book" is the short for "electronic book". Various hardwares can be used to read an e-book, such as smart phones, personal computers or even specific readers like "e-Readers". If you want to read one, you just have to buy and to download the electronic book on the internet - you can do it on eBooks, for instance. Already over 2 million free books were available for download as of August 2009.

Why should I adopt e-Books ?
  • I can create my own library and store it within a tiny object, which might be interesting for works of research and studies.
  • It is an ecological way to read, since it requires no paper cuts.
  • I can download an illimitate number of books that I can read immediately, without any delay.
  • I can custom font size.
  • I can "travel" through all your books by simply clicking on a hyperlink in the text.
But I think I'll still read printed books too, because...
  • I just love the feeling I have when I've just bought a new book and I open it for the first time. I love the touch of the paper, and the smell of the pages. So sensual !
  • I would be afraid of losing all my e-books if my e-Reader should break or should be stolen.
  • The question of copyrights is to be considered: more and more e-books have been hacked on the internet since the creation of downloading platforms. Just like MP3s.

Video presentation of an e-Reader:

No comments:

Post a Comment